- Build trust immediately. One of hardest things to overcome with an online business is building trust with visitors. Make your web pages as credible as possible. It starts with a professional-looking web page. Also consider using customer/client testimonials, third-party certification/security seals and similar recognizable icons.
- Make your call to action absolutely clear. There should be no doubt in the visitor’s mind as to what you want them to do next. Prominently place your telephone, email, etc.
- Keep it simple. Simplicity in design is praised for a reason. Too much clutter is distracting.
- Match your page title to content. Misleading titles won’t help keep the visitor on your web page. If the title focuses on widgets; the content should focus on widgets.
- Grade yourself (before the search engines do). Put yourself in the visitor’s shoes. How would you react to the content? Does it convince you to take action? Is the incentive for the visitor to take action strong enough?
- Think “above the fold”. The really important content needs to come first and be visible as soon as the page displays.
- Squint. It’s a trick from art school, but it can still help you evaluate your landing page in a new way. Does your web page look balanced? Does it “flow”?
- Be a grammar-stickler. Make sure your spelling and grammar are perfect. Nothing says “amateur” more loudly than misspelled words and poor grammar.
- Utilize buttons for action keywords. Make the action words on the page into click-able buttons (e.g. – “Download”, “Sign Up”, “Buy Now”, etc.)
- Don’t distract your visitors with a lot of links. It is hard getting visitors to your website. Don’t make it easy for them to leave. Keep visitors on your web page as long as possible. If you must include links, put them toward the bottom of the page.
Follow these 10 simple rules and you’ll be creating business-winning web pages that convert visitors into paying clients/customers before you know it.
If you are in need of SEO Copywriting and Content Marketing, our team of talented SEO specialists will be able to help. Contact our web marketing department for an SEO Consultation, or call 866-400-HOST (215-345-5424).