We have a day for giving thanks. We have two days for getting deals. Now we have a day for giving back! Tuesday, December 3, 2013 will be a national celebration of generosity, a day to give a gift that makes an impact, and we would like to bring it to Bucks County and offer donors an opportunity to give an online donation to support the work of nonprofits serving Bucks. It’s a way to give donors an easy option to be a part of something big, and include what they care about as a part of their holiday giving. The www.givingtuesdaybucks.org website will be live by October 14th. The website will list nonprofit organizations that are located in Bucks County or that serve the Bucks County community. There will be brief descriptions of each nonprofit organization with a link to their donation page.
How to become listed on the website
Once the website is live you can visit the website and fill out the online form. The deadline for submissions is not yet set; however we recommend that you complete the form by October 16th.
As a nonprofit participant, your organization commits to the following:
- A Logo in JPEG format (300 dpi)
- Description of your organization’s client impact – limit 300 characters, including spaces.
- Web address for the donate page of your website
- Between 10/14 and 12/3/2013, promote Giving Tuesday Bucks by whatever electronic means are available to you (e-newsletter, website, organizational social media, personal social media, etc.
- By 12/6/2013, respond to an electronic survey we will circulate to understand the impact of Giving Tuesday Bucks at your organization. At a minimum, we will need to know the dollars and number of donations raised. We hope you will also share any data you can collect about hits, likes, shares, comments, tweets, and other ways your nonprofit online presence was impacted.
The Bucks County Herald has committed to helping us promote Giving Tuesday Bucks through articles in at least four editions leading up to Giving Tuesday and an article sharing the results of the initiative in its 12/12/2013 edition.
If you have questions, please contact any of the following members of the Giving Tuesday Bucks volunteer planning committee:
Spark Nonprofit Consulting
IQnection Internet Services
Bucks County Housing Group
Catalyst Center for Nonprofit Management